Saturday, May 17, 2008

Puerto Rico - Day 5: May 2nd

Getting tired of being in the touristy part of the city, we decided to take a cab back to the suburbs and to the area of Isla Verde, and to the Hotel Villa Del Sol for the next couple of nights. It was the perfect opportunity for us to have another drinking night since the hotel had a bar and pool table in the lobby. What started off as a couple drinks and a couple games of pool ended up in a $117 bar tab, and me getting pushed in to a swimming pool with all my clothes on. For some reason, people just enjoy talking to me when I've had a couple of drinks. I met an older guy who reminded Selena and I of Tommy Chong, only white. He offered to meet us in the hotel lobby the next morning and show us around the area, and I agreed. As you can probably guess, I didn't wake up at the right time the next morning, couldn't really remember talking to the guy, and didn't end up leaving the hotel room until noon. The whole day ended up being a catch up on rest day. We ordered some pizza, turned up the air conditioning, and laid in bed all day.

No comments: