Saturday, May 17, 2008

Puerto Rico - Day 1: April 28th

One of the hardest things for me to do in life is getting up early. There are only two ways I can do it; I either have to be woken up suddenly, or have something exciting to do to keep me up once my alarm goes off. The ladder is what happened to me this morning. Today was the first day of my two and a half week vacation to Puerto Rico. Vacations have come few and far between for me in the last couple years, so this is something I have been thinking of non-stop for the last couple months. Originally, my girlfriend Selena and I were supposed to go backpacking around Europe for a month, but we ran into problems with passports and decided to go to the next best, most foreign area we could go without passports. Puerto Rico. Our schedule for us this first day was to get on a plane at the Portland International Airport and fly four and a half hours to the George Bush Intercontinental Houston Airport. From there, we get on another plane for another 4 and a half hours and arrive at the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The flights went well. Both went by quick, had movies, and descent enough food. But to be honest, the flights could have been horrible and it wouldn't have mattered. I was on vacation, getting paid to sit on the airplane, and was about to arrive on the island of Puerto Rico.

No comments: